Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Snowloween Did Me In...

I know I am two days late and more than a dollar short on my Christmas Dress Challenge Post. I'm still fighting this nasty-ass cold and I'm thinking I may have to actually break down and make a doctor's appointment. This is so not like me - I normally will wait until I see physical signs of lung being hacked out of my mouth before I call a doctor. Well, let's just say we are close to that point.
I tried making some rounds on Monday to post on some people's blogs but still need to hit up a few of you. Never fear - in between blowing my nose and hacking up things that are better left un-described, I will get to them.

So, a quick update for now and I will post again when I feel human - is that a deal?

I am up 1.5 pounds from last week's weigh in. Technically it's 2.5 since I posted mid week last week saying I had been down a pound from my previous weigh in. No matter how you slice it, it ain't pretty. I know what went wrong -  Although I was holding out decently on that Halloween candy last week - that all went to hell in a handbasket over the weekend. We had a party on Saturday where only 3 out of 15 guests showed up due to Mother Nature's nasty Snowloween joke she played on the Northeast this weekend. Let's just say when you make food for 15 people and only 3 show up, you have some serious trouble on your hands. Yeah - basically I had food and desserts out the wazoo and since I'm not one to let my hard earned grocery purchases go to waste, we plowed our way through it over the past few days and now it's residing on my ass. Go figure. I'm the only person that gets sick and yet still wants to eat. Damn it all, you Martha Stewart cheeseball recipe.

All told, we probably had at least a foot of snow - although it was very wet and heavy so who knows the actual total. It sort of sank into itself as it fell - bringing down massive amounts of tree limbs with it. My parents haven't had power since late Saturday afternoon. They expect it to be restored by tomorrow. It has not been the best of weeks.

I'm getting plenty of fluids - it's the one thing that I am sticking with this week! The rest is just a mess but better days are ahead - let's hope.

Hope everyone else is kicking butt....I sure need mine kicked.

You can say that again!

7 comments:

  1. Something we both should try to do is next time we have a party, only offer healthy food options...then, if something comes up, you only have veggie trays or hummus. I didn't think I could live without caffeine either girly, but I am, and it's so much better than that horrible reaction I was having!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ;) http://wanna-be-a-pinup.blogspot.com/2011/11/versatile-bog-awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you got hit by a cold and snow. That's a nasty one-two punch. And you're not alone...Unless I have a stomach virus, I am an eating machine when I'm sick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get healthy soon
    Here's a cyber kick in the butt.......hope it helps!!!,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep - I'm with Rachelabelle - unless whatever is making me sick prevents me from keeping food down, any kind of illness makes me pretty hungry. Appetite aside, I think your body resists losing when you are sick, so don't fret too much.

    Has the snow melted yet? Up in the deep woods of northern NH, I have to say it didn't seem like it was going to go anywhere. We loved getting to see it, but were glad to get back home to warm Texas.

    ReplyDelete