Friday, July 15, 2011

Today is a good day

Happy Friday!
Today marks my official first weigh-in since the scale was busted at the beach, causing me to miss last weeks regularly scheduled first weigh-in. As promised, I did weigh myself upon my return from vacation, only to discover I had gained a pound (pretty miraculous for being at the beach for more than a week) but I want to make Friday my weekly weigh-in day going forward.

Note to self: Buy a new scale for the beach house so I can do this even while on vacation! Any suggestions as to what kind is the best to buy? Speaking of scales, I also need a food scale come to think of it...

Anyway, without further ado, my weight today is 233.75, resulting in a 2.25 pound loss from my post-vacation weigh in earlier this week. Not bad! At least I see the scale moving in the right direction, which is motivating, no matter how little the amount.

I went to the grocery store yesterday and loaded so much produce into my cart, I almost didn't recognize it as being MY cart (meaning not a bag of Tostitos could be found ANYWHERE). The goal was to buy as little processed food as possible, and I ended up with the following rainbow of colorful goodies in my cart:
  • blueberries
  • bananas
  • watermelon
  • cherries
  • lemons
  • fresh corn on the cob
  • acorn squash
  • zucchini
  • broccoli
  • lettuce
  • cucumbers
  • tomatoes
  • onions
I am stoked because the hubby is going to make a mega-batch of this amazing gazpacho recipe this week so I will have a low calorie filler I can eat before lunch and dinner meals, to help keep the over-eating at bay. I'm still searching for the best type of breakfast to eat that satisfies me for a long time and isn't too calorie-heavy. Yesterday I had 2 eggs on low fat, high fiber english muffin spread with Laughing Cow and it was absolutely delish and filling - but I don't want to get into the habit of eating eggs every day (because that will get old fast). Unfortunately, I am not the biggest fan of Egg Beaters since I pretty much OD'd on them when I was on Weight Watchers and I still can't get that taste out of my mouth. Blech!

That is about it for now (I have a very important date to keep with my elliptical machine). I plan on updating the blog in a few days with an "About Me" section and some other information (like those measurements I keep promising)....stay tuned.
And have a great weekend!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment