Friday, September 16, 2011

I Am Not A Leper - I DO NOT Have Malware!

Hello peeps!
I am having an issue (that actually has nothing to do with weight loss believe it or not).
I am not sure what is going on with my blog and I'm a little concerned. I received a troubling comment from Thursday's Child that there is a message when you try to view my blog that says I have Malware and it could be preventing folks from reading it. I am pretty sure I don't have any type of Malware attached to my blog or computer and checked through Google diagnostic which confirmed that my site was A-OK. When I tried to access my blog from my husband's computer, I did not get any message pop up indicating I had it so I have no clue what is going on. I have a Mac that is relatively safe from this type of thing.....yet I can't help but wonder if others receive this message when trying to get to my blog? I know that I got the message when I tried to get to view Katie J's Weight Loss Journey and Watch My Butt Shrink - but I never opened their blogs pages for fear there was something bad lurking out there. 
I am sooooo not a techie so I really am frustrated about this. If anyone knows of how to properly check to see if this is really happening to my blog, I'm all ears. You can send me an e-mail at dirtymartini34@yahoo.com
Thanks!


Now on to other news (for those of you that can still read me here without fear of my blog imploding your computer): I was awarded a my very first blog award yesterday by Becca at Size 24 No More. I was very flattered to receive this, as I haven't exactly been setting the world on fire with my weight loss. But I am tickled that she nominated me and gave a shout out to the fact that I am kicking ass in the 30 Day Shred....(will get to that later). 
Anyway - Becca has given me the Liebster Blog Award!


"Liebster" means "favorite" or "beloved" in German. 
This award is for bloggers who have under 200 followers (that's me, for sure).

So now I get to spread the love and award this to 4 of my favorite bloggers! Go check out their blogs and read their story. They promise to inspire you, make you laugh, make you think and get you motivated!
Here goes:

First I award Rachellabelle at My Hips Don't Lie because she is out there making WW her b*tch! She has dropped over 40 pounds in about 21 weeks and is looking gorgeous! She just hit a plateau so for any of you with experience with how to kick start weight loss when the pounds won't budge, no matter how hard you're working, go visit her blog and give her a pep talk and some good advice!

My second award goes to Shala at Follow Me Down. She and I are riding similar weight rollercoasters at the moment - we are both hovering around the same weight and like to cheer each other on with "Let's Just Do This Thing Already." I love her blog because I relate to her down to earth sensibilities and approach to weight loss. 

My third award goes to Liz at The Feel Better Project who has vowed to workout everyday for at least 30 minutes over the course of one year. You know how easy it is for life to get in the way of working out sometimes so this commitment is no joke. This girl may not have have the type of junk in her trunk that you or I are trying to lose but she does have dedication and determination and I like her approach to working out. JUST DO IT! And she has a great writing style and is funny, so - win/win!

My last (but not least) award goes to MB at Why The Weight. This woman has truly been instrumental in allowing me to adjust my thinking in terms of how I approach weight loss. She has lost almost 100 pounds through a very sensible "slow and stead wins the race" approach and is still striving to hit that goal of 101 pounds lost. She is inspiring, enlightening and gives me hope that I can beat this fat demon too...I just love her.

That's it....those are the peeps I bow to this week. You all deserve props - so I'm giving them.

In other news - just a quick update on the weigh-in (it is Friday, after all) and 30 Day Shred Challenge.
Today I completed Day 8 of the Shred!! Yey, me! I have to tell you that yesterday was a struggle to get through it and I totally said "F*#@ it" when it came to the last round of ab exercises (those bicycle crunch suckers are the devil - and my herniated disc REALLY doesn't like them). Today's workout, although better than yesterday by a mile, still kicked my ass sideways. I think having "The Curse" right now has a lot to do with it. Working out while there's an exorcism going on in your uterus and your body feels about as inflated as a Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade balloon isn't the most ideal of situations for Jillian to pound you into submission - but I am proud of myself for plugging on through....(seriously, did I just say plug?)

However, even with The Curse, I am happy to say that i am still showing a loss for the week. Happy Days are here again, as the scale makes its way in the right direction this week. Granted it's only 1.75 pounds, but beggars can't be choosers - so I'm good with it. Hell, I am better than good with it. I'm thrilled. It could have been worse.

Anyhoo - hope the rest of you 30 Day Shredders are feeling the burn! I have to go study for my Praxis Exam that I am taking tomorrow morning....I haven't really stuck to my study schedule as I had planned. Wish me luck I pass this thing (it is crucial)!!!

Until tomorrow......



10 comments:

  1. I love your blog title! Saw you get the award from Becca and had to come check you out. I also got the notice that you might have malware... strange.... but anyways.. new follower here! My name is Jen and I love Jillian Michaels workouts too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a notice about malware, strange. I have been off the shred challenge for a couple days due to icky illness, but hope to be back kicking ass and taking names.... by Sunday at the latest. Seriously, my tonsils look like cauliflower... just in case you were wondering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would gladly take 1.75lbs down. You rock it!

    And thank you for nominating me! You are so sweet.

    Btw, I am not getting any strange warnings when I view your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm super honored! You are too sweet! And I as well feel that bicycle abs are a kin to the devil, so you aren't alone there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sniff, Sniff-sheebus woman-can I get emotional enough? Thanks & I will give you a s/o once I am back up & running!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omg you just made me laugh so hard at your explanation of your time of the month! THIS is one of the many reasons I love your blog, you are way too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. No malware messages here. It looks just fine. Your blog title cracks me up. I love your sense of humor and congrats on the blog award. Those are always so fun. Your description of that time of the month? Spot on. And yeah, you totally said plug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, the linky is up on my site for the challenge now, so don't forget to link up a goal post. I am still getting the malware message though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do get the Malware warning when I click on your blog, so that's why I haven't been here for sl long! I know nothing about computers so I was scared to proceed to your site because I didn't want to get a virus, but my husband, finally, looked at it and he told me it should be okay if I proceeded, and so far, so good! It used to say that the problem was stemming from Katie J.'s site, but now it says that it's from the "fatgirldivesin" site. I don't really know what's going on - wish I could help!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwwww....I love you too! I need some tissues, I'm all teary eyed and blushing. Thank you so much for all your sweet comments and the support you have given me.

    I'm thrilled to hear you have embraced the slow and steady approach. I honestly believe it is the only way to make sure we learn what we have to learn to keep it off. I have no doubt you will slay those fat demons.

    I can hardly believe after years of struggling I finally reached my goal this week. It wasn't easy but it's totally worth it. No matter what the scale says from week to week just keep focused on doing the things you know you need to do and you will get there, one step at a time.

    Congrats on your excellent progress. Keep up the great work!

    Rock on!

    ReplyDelete